Capriolo Race 75
In 1947 Aero-Caproni turned to motorcycle production, beginning with a 48cc ciclomotore two-stroke. By 1951 they were producing sophisticated and elegant little four speed 75cc fourstrokes with pressed steel chassis, later enlarged to 100cc and 125cc. Their more interesting machines included a horizontally opposed 149cc twin of 1955, and competition machines with 75cc engines using the Küchen desmodromic system of the 1920s.
From 1953 to 1959 they also produced NSU engined machines named Caproni-Vizzola with models named Cavilux and Cavimax, the latter based on the NSU Max engine. At one time the range also included a face-cam OHV single, and they also built a range of three-wheelers. In 1958 the Capriolo company name was changed to Aeromere, which ceased production in 1964. The parent company, Aero-Caproni, continued to build aircraft some of which were very advanced. Their jet-powered glider remains one of the most extraordinary sailplanes ever constructed.
About This Motorcycle
Completely professional restailing done in 2000 by Edoardo Vannucchi, ex R&D department in Bimota ( middle 70' years)
All original parts, all documents, from private collection
Request more info